Swift is a highly scalable and durable object storage system designed to store large amount of the unstructured data at a low cost. Objects are written to multiple drives for complete redundancy and data safety.
Singularity runs on our server hardware; files are uploaded via HTTP. Here is just a sample of what Singularity can offer you:
• Create objects and temporary URLs with Swift
• Backup and archive unstructured data, such as documents, images, audio and video files, email and virtual machine images.
• Serve your content right from the storage system or by a Content Delivery Network. Once we have SWIFT arrays in our other HostDime facilities across the globe, you will be able to load your objects to all CDN points of presence so users can see your content as quickly as possible.
• Bulk-delete up to 10,000 objects in a single request, or schedule objects for deletion at a later date.
• Auto extract archive files.
• Objects can be uploaded directly from your browser with the open source API.
Only pay for the storage you are using. Flexible storage options allow you to scale your enterprise on demand.
Our team has also written OpenStack resource articles to help you on your way. More articles will be added frequently.
Let’s get started; it’s time to look toward the Singularity!
Singularity is an unmanaged service. If you run into errors using the API or dashboard, please let us know. Otherwise, you are responsible for the contents of your project. HostDime currently offers no official Singularity support. For more information, our OpenStack Public Cloud service level agreement can be found under the Legal section of HostDime.com.
Jared Smith is HostDime’s Content Strategist.