In order to transfer a domain name registration from one registrar to another, the following transfer requirements need to be met at the company the domain is currently registered with. NOTE: This process does NOT transfer your website's data/content.
NOTE: Some TLD's have different transfer requirements such as .CO.UK domains or other country code top-level domains. The following information is for typical gTLDs like .COM, .NET, .ORG, .INFO, etc. You can contact our Sales Team if you are not sure if your registration falls under these requirements.
Domain Registration Transfer Requirements
1. Domain's registration must not be expired for more than 30 days with the current registrar.
2. Domain's registration must be unlocked at the current registrar.
3. Registrant/Administrative contact email address on the domain's WHOIS record is active and checked by the domain registrant (YOU).
4. Domain's registration is more than 60 days old from date of initial purchase.
5. Must have the correct EPP key (This is obtained at the current registrar)
How to submit a domain name registration transfer with HostDime?
Step 1: Login to your CORE profile at https://core.hostdime.com/
Step 2: Once you have logged in, put your mouse over "Products" at the top and then click on "Domain Registration" in the drop down.
Step 3: On the next page, click on "Register/Transfer A Domain".
Step 4: On the next page, tick the option "Transfer my existing domain from another domain registrar" and then fill in information accordingly.
- Enter domain name in the "Domain" field without the TLD (.com, .net, .info, etc...)
- Select the TLD for the domain in the drop down.
- Enter EPP transfer authorization key (Provided by the losing domain registrar)
((Under the "Name Server" Section))
- If you want to keep the name servers your domain is currently pointed to, select "I will choose my name servers later".
- If you want your name servers to be changed automatically once the transfer completes, select "Choose my name servers now" and enter your name servers in the fields provided.
- Once you have filled in everything, click "Next".
Step 5: After clicking "Next" you will then be taken through the payment process. Once you have completed payment the transfer will be submitted within a few hours. Feel free to contact our Sales Team and we will be happy to expedite your request.
((ONCE TRANSFER HAS BEEN SUBMITTED))
- Once the domain registration has been submitted for your domain, a transfer verification email will be sent out to the WHOIS registrant/administrative email address listed on your domain's registration. That email must be approved before the transfer can continue.
- You can check the registrant/administrator email address listed on your domain by contacting the current registrar or by doing a WHOIS lookup on your domain's registration. Linked below is a WHOIS lookup tool.
WHOIS Lookup: http://whois.domaintools.com/
NOTE: If you do not have access to the WHOIS registrant/administrative email address on your domain's registration, you will want to contact the current domain registrar and have the email addresses updated before you submit the transfer request.
- Once you have approved the transfer verification email, the transfer is guaranteed, however, the final phase of the transfer is handled via an automated process between the two registrars and cant take up to 7 days to complete.