Sending mail from account’s dedicated IP address
By default, cPanel servers are configured to send email from the server's primary IP address. In some situations, a client with a dedicated IP address may wish to change this behavior to send email from their dedicated IP address instead. cPanel offers a way to do this via the "Send mail from account’s dedicated IP address" option in WHM's "Exim Configuration Manager", but only certain packages will have access to this feature. Below is an explanation of which packages are eligible to use this feature:
- Clients on our Shared or Reseller servers do not have access to this feature
- This is because the feature affects all accounts on the server, and many clients on shared environments do not wish to utilize their dedicated IP address to send email.
VPS/Dedicated Server Packages:
- Clients on a VPS or a Dedicated Server have full access to this feature.
- Clients are free to enable this feature on their own, or they can request for the HostDime team to enable it on their behalf.
- Important: We strongly recommend against utilizing this feature to attempt to circumvent any kind of blacklist issues, as doing so can actually increase the amount of time it takes to restore your primary IP addresses' reputation. If you experience any issues with sending email or you suspect you may be blacklisted, please contact us and we will be happy to get those issues resolved for you in a timely fashion.
If you would like more information on this feature, or would like to read more about cPanel's Exim Configuration options, we recommend the following documentation:
- cPanel's "Exim Configuration Manager" documentation
- cPanel's "How to Configure Exim's Outgoing IP Address" documentation
If you have any questions relating to your email or this article in particular, please contact us at any time and we will be happy to assist!