Make a backup of the Plesk Server 11 before attempting any upgrades! We also recommend rebooting your server before starting the upgrade to ensure everything is in proper order going into the procedure.
In Linux or Windows via Plesk Control Panel:
- Login to the Plesk Control Panel.
- Click on the "Server" tab at the top of the page.
- On the page, navigate to the "Panel" area. Under this area, click the option "Update and Upgrades" link.
- Within the new page, to upgrade a component (Nginx), click on the "Update Components" link.
- Select the component you want to upgrade (Nginx), and click continue.
- The upgrade has now begun, which could take up to 20 minutes depending on your bandwidth and server specifications. Upon completion, a "Successfully Completed" message will be displayed in green.
- Once fully upgraded, we can now enable the component (Nginx).
- Navigate to the "Tools and Settings" area.
- Click on "Updates and Upgrades"
- Click on "Add Components"
- Select Nginx and press Continue.
- Once Nginx has been successfully added, you will want to navigate to "Service Management" within "Tools and Settings", and run the Reverse Proxy Server (Nginx).
- You are done!
In Linux via SSH/Command Line:
- First install Nginx component using Plesk autoinstaller:
- Next enable Reverse Proxy Server (Nginx) service via command line:
- Then disable nginx service use the command:
- Last, check the current nginx component status: