Current Notifications as of
Clients with cPanel on their dedicated server, VPS or Cloud VM should be aware of the following:
- If your server is running cPanel 96 (or the LTS version of 86) or earlier now it will no longer be supported by HostDime or cPanel Inc.
- Versions of cPanel that have reached end-of-life status no longer receive updates or full support. For security, we recommend you update to a more recent version of cPanel.
- If you are unsure what version of cPanel your server is currently running, you can follow these directions to find out.
- If you'd like to learn more about cPanel Inc.'s polices on supported versions, we recommend you review the information here and here.
- HostDime recommends that clients always use the latest stable version of cPanel, which is currently version 98.
- We also support the non-end-of-life LTS version of cPanel. Currently that is 94 LTS.
- Click here to learn more about the most recent release.
- HostDime recommends only the latest release build (not the stable, release candidate or beta versions). Right now, that is 7.7.1 or 6.11.2.
- To learn more about the current or upcoming versions of InterWorx, visit the version history.
Clients with Plesk on their dedicated server, VPS or Cloud VM should be aware of the following:
- The currently supported version of Plesk is Plesk Obsidian (version 18.x).
- Older versions of Plesk (version 17.7 and earlier) are no longer supported by HostDime or Plesk International GmbH.
- Learn more about Plesk's end-of-life polices here.
- HostDime recommends that our clients use Plesk Obsidian.
- You can learn more about this release here.
HostDime supports a wide variety of operating systems on dedicated servers, VPSs or Cloud VMs. Here are some important notices:
- CentOS 6 and earlier are now end-of-life and not supported by HostDime or the control panel vendors.
- Please contact us if you'd like to upgrade to CentOS 7.
- CentOS 7 64-bit is supported until July 1, 2024.
- The 32-bit version is not supported by HostDime or the control panel vendors.
- CentOS 8 64-bit is no longer supported due to changes in support by Red Hat.
- There is no 32-bit version of CentOS 8.
- HostDime recommends using CentOS 7 64-bit if you purchase a new dedicated server or Cloud VM and you need CentOS with InterWorx or cPanel.
- If you want to deploy a new server with Plesk Obsidian 18.0.25 or later then you should use CentOS 7.
- If you don't need a control panel, we recommend using CentOS 7 or Alma Linux 8 or Rocky Linux 8.
- HostDime no longer supports Windows Server 2008 R2 or earlier.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP2 was end-of-lifed in January 2020.
- Please contact us if you'd like to upgrade to Windows Server 2016 or newer.
- We currently support Windows Server 2012 or newer.
- We recommend running Windows Server 2016 or 2019 (both 64-bit).
We know that our clients use a wide variety of software on their servers and we cannot possibly cover news about everything you might be using, but we'll cover some popular packages:
- The only officially supported version of WordPress is the very latest stable release. As of the date in the Current Notifications line above, that is version 5.8.1.
- Since WordPress is exceptionally popular, it is critical that you keep WordPress and all plugins and themes up-to-date.
- If you'd like to learn more about the official WordPress support policy, you can read it here.
- The supported version of Joomla is 3.10.3 and 4.0.4 as of the date in the Current Notifications line above.
- Be sure any installed themes, components or plugins updated.
- You can learn more about Joomla's end-of-life policies, please view this page.
- Drupal supports both the latest releases of the 8.x and 9.x branches.
- Version 8.6 and earlier are no longer supported.
- If you use 8.7-8.9 you should move to at least version 9 as soon as possible.
- Drupal supports 8.9 LTS until November 2021.
- HostDime recommends the latest release as of the date in the Current Notifications line above, 9.2.7.
- Please keep any themes or add-ons updated.
- If you'd like to understand more about how Drupal releases work, please read this.
Magento Open Source
- The open source edition of Magento's latest version is 2.4.3 and this is the version that HostDime recommends that you use.
- Magento 1.0 through 2.2 are end-of-life and should not be used.
- Learn more about Magento Open Source's release and support cycle here.
- Note: The commercial edition of Magento has different support options, so you should contact them directly if you have questions.