Current Notifications as of
Clients with cPanel on their dedicated server, VPS or Cloud VM should be aware of the following:
- If your server is running cPanel 114 (or the LTS version of 108) or earlier now it will no longer be supported by HostDime or cPanel Inc.
- Versions of cPanel that have reached end-of-life status no longer receive updates or full support. For security, we recommend you update to a more recent version of cPanel.
- If you are unsure what version of cPanel your server is currently running, you can follow these directions to find out.
- If you'd like to learn more about cPanel Inc.'s polices on supported versions, we recommend you review the information here and here.
- HostDime recommends that clients always use the latest stable version of cPanel, which is currently version 116.
- We also support the non-end-of-life LTS version of cPanel. Currently that is 110 LTS.
- Click here to learn more about the most recent release.
- HostDime recommends only the latest release build (not the stable, release candidate or beta versions). Right now, that is 7.13.29.
- Development on v6 of InterWorx has ended. Any server that upgrades to 6.14.2 or later will be automatically upgraded to v7 the next time the update cron runs. 6.x is no longer be supported by InterWorx or HostDime.
- You can also manually upgrade to v7, there is an official production-ready v6 to v7 upgrade tool. This will upgrade your existing InterWorx server from v6.x to the latest v7 release.
- To learn more about the current or upcoming versions of InterWorx, visit the version history.
Clients with Plesk on their dedicated server, VPS or Cloud VM should be aware of the following:
- The currently supported version of Plesk is Plesk Obsidian (version 18.x).
- Older versions of Plesk (version 17.7 and earlier) are no longer supported by HostDime or Plesk International GmbH.
- Learn more about Plesk's end-of-life polices here.
- HostDime recommends that our clients use Plesk Obsidian.
- You can learn more about this release here.
HostDime supports a wide variety of operating systems on dedicated servers, VPSs or Cloud VMs. Here are some important notices:
- CentOS 6 and earlier are end-of-life and not supported by HostDime or the control panel vendors.
- Please contact us if you'd like to upgrade to CentOS 7.
- CentOS 7 64-bit is supported until July 1, 2024.
- The 32-bit version is not supported by HostDime or the control panel vendors.
- CentOS 8 64-bit is no longer supported due to changes in support by Red Hat.
- There is no 32-bit version of CentOS 8.
- We do not support any version of CentOS Stream.
- HostDime recommends using Alma Linux 8, or Rocky Linux 8 64-bit if you purchase a new dedicated server or Cloud VM and you need CentOS with InterWorx or cPanel.
- If you want to deploy a new server with Plesk Obsidian 18.0.25 or later then you should use Alma Linux 8 or Rocky Linux 8.
- If you don't need a control panel, we recommend using Alma Linux 8 or Rocky Linux 8 or Ubuntu Server LTS 20 or 22.
- HostDime no longer supports Windows Server 2008 R2 or earlier.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP2 was end-of-lifed in January 2020.
- Windows Server 2012 is end-of-lifed as of October 2023.
- Please contact us if you'd like to upgrade to Windows Server 2019 or newer.
- We currently support Windows Server 2019 or newer.
- We recommend running Windows Server 2019 or 2022 (both 64-bit).
We know that our clients use a wide variety of software on their servers and we cannot possibly cover news about everything they might be using, but we'll cover some popular packages:
- The only officially supported version of WordPress is the very latest stable release. As of the date in the Current Notifications line above, that is version 6.4.3.
- Since WordPress is exceptionally popular, it is critical that you keep WordPress and all plugins and themes up-to-date.
- If you'd like to learn more about the official WordPress support policy, you can read it here.
- The supported versions of Joomla is 4.4.3 or 5.0.3 as of the date in the Current Notifications line above.
- Be sure any installed themes, components or plugins updated.
- You can learn more about Joomla's end-of-life policies, please view this page.
- Drupal supports only the 9.x and 10.x branch now.
- Version 8.9 and earlier are no longer supported.
- Version 9 is supported until November 2023.
- HostDime recommends the latest release as of the date in the Current Notifications line above, 10.2.3.
- Please keep any themes or add-ons updated.
- If you'd like to understand more about how Drupal releases work, please read this.
Magento Open Source
- The open source edition of Magento's latest version is 2.4.6 p4 and this is the version that HostDime recommends that you use.
- Magento 1.0 through 2.2 are end-of-life and should not be used.
- Learn more about Magento Open Source's release and support cycle here.
- Note: The commercial edition of Magento has different support options, so you should contact them directly if you have questions.