HostDime’s latest line of managed dedicated servers by Supermicro feature Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) so your server can be managed remotely from anywhere in the world. IPMI is included at no additional charge.
What is IPMI?
IPMI is most often used for remote reboots and remote recovery. Power on and off instantly to avoid costly downtimes. Recover your server regardless of system state.
This dedicated KVM-over-IP functionality runs independently, so even if your sever is unresponsive, you can still access KVM to reboot. Check out the following picture to see how it works:
How to Install OS with IPMI in 6 Easy Steps
One of the most asked about features is the ability to install your own OS directly through CORE, without any interaction with our support staff. Below are the steps required to perform an OS installation through IPMI.
Best of all, there’s no need to contact our server technicians to perform any IPMI action.
1. After you have logged into your CORE account, select “Dedicated Servers” from the navigation.
2. Click the eyeball to the left of your dedicated server’s HD number.
3. Click the “Server Control & KVM” option.
4. Select “Remote KVM” from the list on the far right.
5. A java file will then be downloaded to your computer with the name of your actual HD server number. Upon launching the file, select “Virtual Media”.
6. Click the “CDROM&ISO” tab, then choose “ISO File” from the Logical Drive Type drop down menu. Then click “Open Image” on the right hand side and select the .iso file from your local computer. Once you’ve selected the ISO, click “Plug in”.
8. The ISO should now be loaded onto your server. Simply place a reboot request within your CORE panel, then proceed with the OS installation once the server is back online.
If you have any questions, please feel free to open a live chat or ticket in CORE.